Delta Elektronika SM500-CP-90 X2 DC Bidirectional Power Supplies
Combining two SM500-CP-90 DC Power Supplies in parallel a maximum output of 0V - 500V, 0A - +/- 180A 30kW. Delta Elektronika's SM15K series are full bidirectional regenerative series of high-power DC source / sink programmable power supply units based on Delta Elektronika's grid-tied technology. With our latest DC bidirectional power supply models, we have extended our capabilities to a higher level of 15kW per unit to 900kW when used in a master/slave parallel configuration. Standard feature for these power supplies is Delta’s new Power Recovery [Regeneration] Technology: in sink mode they can return full power back into the grid and, thanks to an efficiency of 95%, there is no need for expensive water-cooling systems. The flexible output covers the output range of five separate power supplies with a traditional rectangular VI-curve.
Flexible Output, Means Better Value
Delta Elektronika 15K series offers users 15kW of output power per 3U unit, each unit has a wide output voltage and a wide output current that can be set any were within their limits as long as the 15kW per unit is not exceeded.
Included As Standard
Ethernet Interface, Built-In sequencer and web interface. Simulation Software: Leadless sensing, Internal resistance and PhotoVoltaic simulation. Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation
Bidirectional Power Flow - Source/Sink
Bidirectional power means the same constant power characteristic in the second quadrant for the full 15kW. It operates like an electronic load too: previously Delta’s power supplies would be equipped with an optional power sink capable of absorbing up to 10% of the total energy which was dissipated via internal heat sinks. Now, the power sink is standard and can sink up to 100% of the power without the need for dissipating lots of energy.
Power Recovery Regeneration Technology
With the new Power Recovery Regeneration Technology Delta returns full power back into the grid and the efficiency of 95% and avoids the need for expensive water cooling. Compared to traditional electronic loads – where dissipation is 100% – there is a power loss of just 5%. Rooms will be cooler, costs for air conditioning systems will drop significantly and overall, the SM15K series contributes to a smaller carbon footprint.
Extremely Good Dynamic Response to Load Changes
Fast response to load changes has been a challenge for a long time, especially when it comes to changing from positive to negative current and vice versa. Previously, for applications requiring source and sink devices, several solutions were offered such as pre-loads. The full integration of source and sink in one device is a neater and more efficient solution.
Ethernet interface Built-in sequencer Digital control to adapt regulation to match load type Fine tune settings
Specification for single units:
- Bidirectional power supply with standard 15kW source and sink per unit
- Easy Master/Slave parallel operation up to 900kW
- Flexible output with Constant Power characteristics
- Power Regeneration Technology: in sink mode the PSU returns the energy back into the grid
- Very low heat dissipation. Efficiency is more than 95%. No need for expensive cooling systems
- Excellent dynamic responses to load changes including all-digital control to adapt regulation to match load type
- Designed for long life at full power
- Protected against all overload and short circuit conditions
- Operation on wide range of 3 phase AC input voltages
- Ethernet interface, built-in sequencer and web interface are included
- Large user display, menu driven operations
- Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation
- EMC surpasses CE requirements; low emission and high immunity
- Low audible noise; temperature controlled by cooling fans
- Ethernet Interface. (STD.)
- Built-In sequencer and web interface. (STD.)
- Simulation Software: Leadless sensing, Internal resistance and PhotoVoltaic simulation. (STD.)
- Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation. (STD.)
- Input Voltage (3 Phase): 342-528 V AC (48-62 Hz)
- Voltage Output : 0 to 500V
- Current Output : 0 to +/-30A
- Power Output : 15000W
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC): Up to 0.996 (at 100% load)
- Efficiency (Sink and Source Mode): Up to 96% (at full load)
- Output Ripple and Spikes: From 10mV rms / 55mV pp
- Regulation: From 2 mV (0-100% load step)
- Recovery Time: From 100 µs (50-100% load step)
- Programming Speed: From 1.5 ms (10-90%)
- Output Voltage and Current Stability: 50.10-6 / 80.10-6
- MTBF: 500.000 hrs
- Operating Ambient Temperature: -20 to +50 ºC
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.