Delta Elektronika SM500-CP-90 DC Power SupplyThe SM500-CP-90 is a 0V - 500V 0A - +/- 90A DC Power Supply. Delta Elektronika's SM15K series are full bi-directional regenerative series of high-power DC source / sink programmable power supply units based on Delta Elektronika's grid-tied technology. With our latest DC bi-directional power supply models, we have extended our capabilities to a higher level of 15kW per unit. Standard feature for these power supplies is Delta’s new Power Recovery [Regeneration] Technology: in sink mode they can return full power back into the grid and, thanks to an efficiency of 95%, there is no need for expensive water cooling systems. The flexible output covers the output range of five separate power supplies with a traditional rectangular VI-curve.
Flexible Output, Means Better Value Delta Elektronika 15K series offers users 15kW of output power, each unit has a wide output voltage and a wide output current that can be set any were within there limits as long as the 15kW is not exceeded.
Included As Standard Ethernet Interface, Built-In sequencer and web interface. Simulation Software: Leadless sensing, Internal resistance and PhotoVoltaic simulation. Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation
Bi-Directional Power Flow - Source/Sink Bi-directional power means the same constant power characteristic in the second quadrant for the full 15kW. It operates like an electronic load too: previously Delta’s power supplies would be equipped with an optional power sink capable of absorbing up to 10% of the total energy which was dissipated via internal heat sinks. Now, the power sink is standard and can sink up to 100% of the power without the need for dissipating lots of energy.
Power Recovery Regeneration Technology With the new Power Recovery [Regeneration] Technology Delta returns full power back into the grid and the efficiency of 95% avoids the need for expensive water cooling. Compared to traditional electronic loads – where dissipation is 100% – there is a power loss of just 5%. Rooms will be cooler, costs for air conditioning systems will drop significantly and overall, the SM15K series contributes to a smaller carbon footprint.
Extremely Good Dynamic Response to Load Changes Fast response to load changes has been a challenge for a long time, especially when it comes to changing from positive to negative current and vice versa. Previously, for applications requiring source and sink devices, several solutions were offered such as pre-loads. The full integration of source and sink in one device is a neater and more efficient solution.
Inclusive Functionality Ethernet interface Built-in sequencer Digital control to adapt regulation to match load type Fine tune settingsFeatures:
- Some of the SM15K Series Features/Functionalities include *Standard are in BOLD*
- Bi-Directional power supply with standard 15kW source and sink
- Flexible output with Constant Power characteristics
- Power Regeneration Technology: in sink mode the PSU returns the energy back into the grid
- Easy Master/Slave parallel & series operation up to 900kW
- Very low heat dissipation. Efficiency is more than 95%. No need for expensive cooling systems
- Excellent dynamic responses to load changes including all-digital control to adapt regulation to match load type
- Designed for long life at full power
- Protected against all overload and short circuit conditions
- Operation on wide range of 3 phase AC input voltages
- Ethernet interface, built-in sequencer and web interface are included
- Large user display, menu driven operations
- Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation
- EMC surpasses CE requirements; low emission and high immunity
- Low audible noise; temperature controlled by cooling fans
- Ethernet Interface. (STD.)
- Built-In sequencer and web interface. (STD.)
- Simulation Software: Leadless sensing, Internal resistance and PhotoVoltaic simulation. (STD.)
- Durable digital encoders for voltage and current adjustment and menu operation. (STD.)
- Input Voltage (3 Phase): 342-528 V AC (48-62 Hz)
- Voltage Output : 0 to 500V
- Current Output : 0 to +/-90A
- Power Output : 15000W
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC): Up to 0.996 (at 100% load)
- Efficiency (Sink and Source Mode): Up to 96% (at full load)
- Output Ripple and Spikes: From 10mV rms / 55mV pp
- Regulation: From 2 mV (0-100% load step)
- Recovery Time: From 100 µs (50-100% load step)
- Programming Speed: From 1.5 ms (10-90%)
- Output Voltage and Current Stability: 50.10-6 / 80.10-6
- MTBF: 500.000 hrs
- Operating Ambient Temperature: -20 to +50 ºC