The TBFL1 is a combined transient limiter / attenuator / high pass filter, designed to provide optimum protection of spectrum analyser or measurement receiver inputs when carrying out conducted noise measurements or other measurements where the input levels cannot be predicted with certainty or where accidental overloads may occur.
Pin and schottky diodes combined with a multi-stage 10dB attenuator result in a device which can withstand a continuous RF input level of up to 5W (37dBm). A gas discharge tube provides additional protection against high voltage transients. Furthermore, a 9kHz high pass filter suppresses harmonics of the mains supply voltage. With a limiting threshold of +11dBm and a flat frequency response from 9kHz to 600MHz, the TBFL1 limiter can be used as protective device for the complete range of conducted noise measurements and in many other applications.
- Frequency Range: 9kHz – 600MHz
- Attenuation: 10 dB –0.5/+1.2dB in-band (9kHz to 600MHz)
- Attenuation HP-Filter: >30dB @ 2kHz
- Maximum Continuous RF Input Power: 5W (+37dBm) in-band
- Maximum DC Input Voltage: ±20V
- 1dB Output Compression Point @ 40MHz: +21.5dBm
- Input Matching (linear operating range): <-16dB (9kHz – 600MHz)
- Output Matching (linear operating range): <-23dB (9kHz – 600MHz)
- Linear Operating Range: Up to 0dBm input level, in-band
- Limiting Threshold: +11dBm (@ 37dBm input level)
- Input Connector: N-female
- Output Connector: N-male
- Dimensions: 156mm x 26mm x 26mm
- Weight: 170g