The signal generator allows you to both create standard waveforms but also allows you to easily create some custom waveforms as well as replicate a captured signal on the oscilloscope.
- To activate the logic analyzer, press either “GI” or “GII” on either the front panel of the instrument or at the bottom of the screen.
- To begin with to select your desired waveform press “Wave” and then you can select form several different built in waveforms as well as load arbitrary waveforms that you either created externally or by copying one of the scope analog channels.
- Within the waveform menu you can set the functions frequency, amplitude, offset, starting phase.
- To modulate, burst or sweep the signal, you will need to press “Settings”, then “Type” and then select your desired advanced feature.
- To create the signal below connect “GI” to “Channel 1” on the instrument with a BNC cable.
- Select “Sinc” as your waveform by pressing “Wave” and then “Sinc”.
- Then change the signals frequency to 10 kHz. You can do this by either pressing on “Frequency” on the touch screen and then using the pop-up number pad or you can use the keys and then use the intensity knob to change the frequency settings.
- Press “AUTO” and you will see an image like the one below.
(The signal generator on the front of the MSO5000 and the DS7000 is a optional accessory, to activate them you will need to install a license.)