First of all, install and run Ultra Sigma,
– Then make sure you can see your scope (Type shown in the Instruments window of Ultra Sigma)
– AND that the scope response with its serial number to a *IDN? command. (Rt-click on instrument and choose SCPI Panel Control window, then click Send&Receive a *IDN?)
Once this is OK, Change the setting shown as Base to Advanced (U’Sigma setting drop down next to the word Base – then change Base to Advanced)
– Click Options – set Timeout to 12000 (not 2000) and Bytes To Read to 11024 (not 1024).
– Enter in the command line the commands:
i) :WAV:SOUR CHAN1
ii) :WAV:MODE NORM
ii) : WAV:DATA? and click Send&Read after each – a bunch of data should now appear in the window below
– Select the second tab below, called Current Return Value (data window)
– Right-click the data and choose Save Current Data To File-> Save for Byte -> Give your CSV file a name
This CSV file can be opened directly in e.g. Excel, to graph data.
NOTE: This grabs the SCREEN datapoints at the time of executing the :WAV:DATA? query. Works whether scope is running or not!
To grab the MEMORY datapoints (which can be much longer and require different Options settings!!) you must first :STOP the scope and ensure your command is in :WAV:MODE RAW.